There are times we face situations like the rude checker at the store, or the person who stole our parking space at the mall. In the moment we might feel like slashing tires, but within minutes we are over it, never to think of it again.
Then there are times when someone you trusted betrays you. Maybe the person you vowed to love and cherish before friends and family walks out on you. This type of hurt and disappointment goes beyond the skin and touches the heart. This type of hurt tends to linger. At times you doubt you could ever love and trust again, but you can and you will.
The thing with heart hurt is that it is a magnet and a magnifying glass. It attracts bitterness, depression, pessimism, negative thoughts and words. These do more damage to you than they will ever do to the person or situation they are directed toward. It also makes the circumstance bigger and healing more complicated than it has to be. Hurt is real and a not so fun part of life but you don’t have to hurt forever or alone. You can make the deceptive mistake of moving on without actually moving forward! Be open and honest with God because he can handle it! Here are some scriptures to help you through it. You will heal but you will NEVER be the same again…you’ll be stronger.
1. Psalm 34:18 – You are not alone, Jesus is right there with you.
2. Psalm 31:14-15 – Do not worry, your life is not dictated by others, your future is in the loving hands of God.
3. Ezekiel 36:26-27 – Why patch up your old heart when you can a have new one!
4. Matthew 6:14 – Forgiveness releases you from the bondage of hurt.
5. Psalm 139:5-6 – God’s grace is going to empower you, don’t try to do it in your own power.